- Greeting cards
- Straight pin
- Beads, baubles, or other adornments
- Jewelry head pins (at least 3″ long)
- Jewelry pliers (for the blue and small red ornaments)
- Metal brad (for the red fan ornament)
- Liquid fusion glue (optional)
- Cut card fronts into 1/4″–1/2″ strips. Alternate between using plain scissors and those with decorative blades, for added ornament fanciness.
- Using a straight pin, poke small holes in both ends of each strip, about 1/4″ from the tips.
For the Red Fan Ornament
Stack greeting card strips, pushing metal brad through the front of the holes on the top tips. Bend strips in half and push the same brad through the back of the holes on the bottom tips. Close brad. Fan strips out. Use liquid fusion to glue a bauble onto the brad front for decoration.
For the Blue Ornament
Stack 10 or so strips from contrasting colored cards. Place a small bead on head pin and push the pin through the back of the holes on one end. Place 2 larger beads on the head pin above the cards. Using jewelry pliers, fold the remaining wire into a circle and wrap, creating a hanging loop. Push a second head pin through the back holes on the other end. Place 3 larger beads on this head pin. Using jewelry pliers, wrap remaining part of the pin into a loop. Fan the strips out so it forms a ball.
For the Smaller Red Ornament
Cut 8 strips in half and stack. Place 2 beads on a head pin and push the pin through the holes on the front of one end. Push same head pin through the back of the other set of holes (you’ll have to bend the strips to get them on there), then place 1 bead on top. Using jewelry pliers, fold the wire into a loop. Fan the strips out into an oval.