< Back to Happy Halloween
These kid favorites can be made with vegan marshmallows and organic rice cereal and chocolate.
Makes 12 pops
Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-ounce package of mini marshmallows
- 12 bamboo skewers
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Spray a large baking dish with cooing spray. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add in marshmallows and stir until mixture is completely melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in rice cereal until mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Working quickly, spread mixture into prepared pan. Press mixture down so that it is evenly distributed in the pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Using a cookie cutter that has been sprayed with cooking spray, cut out 12 ghosts. Place ghosts onto a flat surface and insert each lollipop stick using a gentle twisting motion. Press two chocolate into each ghost to make eyes. Use the leftover pieces to make Halloween spiders or pumpkins.
Tip: Use parchment or wax paper to help you smooth out the mixture into the pan and prevent your hands from sticking.