8 small glass jars
1 large glass jar
Several colors of nontoxic 3-D paint
1. Soak jars in warm soapy water to remove labels; dry.
2. Slip a rolled-up piece of white paper inside the jar. This will make it easier to see what you’re working on.
3. Add a simple shape—such as a flower, circle, or star—with one color using dots of paint. Repeat the shape in several places on the jar. Another easy way to start is with a line around or across the jar.
4. Outline the shapes in a different color with more dots. Continue adding dots, either outlining the original shape or creating new patterns until the entire jar is covered. You may need to take a break to allow the paint to dry as you move around the jar.
5. Once complete, put a votive candle or tea light in each jar.
Tip: By sticking with just three or four colors, all the pieces of your menorah will look great together no matter how many family members contribute their original designs.