- Empty plastic water jug (gallon size or larger works best)
- Scrap paper
- Permanent markers
- Hole punch
1. Cut the water jug in large, flat pieces.
2. Create sun catcher templates by drawing simple designs (with lots of room for coloring) on a piece of scrap paper. Or, download and print our template.
3. Tape one of the plastic pieces on top of a template, then trace the design onto the plastic using a black permanent marker. Color it in with any color marker you choose (colored pencils work, too, but make for a softer-looking sun catcher).
4. When the ink from the markers has dried, separate the plastic from the template, and carefully cut along the outside lines of the design.
5. Punch a hole in the top of your sun catcher, thread string through, and hang with tape or a suction cup hook. Enjoy the sun sparkling through your creation!