Empty plastic water jug (gallon size or larger works best)
1. Cut the water jug in large, flat pieces.
2. Create sun catcher templates by drawing simple designs (with lots of room for coloring) on a piece of scrap paper. Or, download and print our template.
3. Tape one of the plastic pieces on top of a template, then trace the design onto the plastic using a black permanent marker. Color it in with any color marker you choose (colored pencils work, too, but make for a softer-looking sun catcher).
4. When the ink from the markers has dried, separate the plastic from the template, and carefully cut along the outside lines of the design.
5. Punch a hole in the top of your sun catcher, thread string through, and hang with tape or a suction cup hook. Enjoy the sun sparkling through your creation!