NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. Contest void wherever prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with. Employees of May Media Group, Inc. (hereinafter “Sponsor”), Xlear, Inc., GFA Brands, Inc, Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, Inc., and Lundberg Family Farms and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
2. PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The KIWI Magazine 2013 The Next Great Young Chef Contest (the “Contest”) provides entrants with the opportunity to submit video or photo of their child cooking an original recipe. Contest begins at 12:00:01am Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm (ET) on September 6, 2013 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of an Entry Phase that begins at 12:00:01 am ET on November 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET July 31, 2013 (the “Entry Phase”), a first round selection phase that begins at 9:00:00 am ET August 1, 2013 and ends at 5:00:00 pm ET on August 21, 2013 (the “Judging Phase”) and a reader voting phase that begins at 9:00:00 am ET on August 23, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on September 6, 2013 (the “Voting Phase”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Contest begins at 12:00:01 am (ET) on November 12, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 pm (ET) on July 31, 2013. To enter visit www.kiwimagonline.com to complete the official contest entry form including entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, nominee’s name, date of birth and complete mailing address and state and affirmatively indicate acknowledgement and acceptance of these Official Rules and all other terms and conditions governing the Contest. Then upload a video of a child cooking their original recipe using any Xylitol sweetener, Earth Balance, Neislen-Massey Vanillas and Lundberg Family Farms products and upload recipe.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Entry is deemed to be the combined submission of video and recipe. Video Submission – Each entrant must create his/ her own video showing a child between the ages of four (4) and fourteen (14) years of age cooking the recipe that accompanies the video submission. Entrant is required to be the parent or legal guardian of the child featured in the video. Video must be must be between 3 and 10 minutes in length. No stock/file film or photo footage can be used. Recipe Submission – Recipes must use one or more Xylitol sweetener, Earth Balance, Neislen-Massey Vanillas and Lundberg Family Farms product as an ingredient. Alternative Submission – Those entrants wishing to submit a recipe without video may do so by uploading the recipe along with a photo of his/her child preparing the submitted recipe for consideration in an Honorable Mention category. All photos must a child between the ages of four (4) and fourteen (14) years of age cooking the recipe submitted. Videos/ Photos and Recipes (a) must be the original and sole creation of, and all rights, title and interest be owned solely by, the entrant (b) may not have been submitted in any other competition, (c) may not have been published, (d) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray in a false light; (e) may not violate any law, rule or regulation, and, (f) may not contain any virus, bugs, or other deleterious material; and each entrant warrants and represents that his/her video complies with all of those conditions. Non-complying Submissions will be subject to disqualification. Entries cannot contain, the trademark, trade name or logo of any third party (but may contain the trademark, trade name or logo of the Sponsor and/ or Ingredients) and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright. Any entry, which in the sole opinion of Sponsor is deemed to be inappropriate for publication and or web/casting will be deemed ineligible. You may enter as often as you wish, but each submission must contain a different video/ photo and different recipe. Uploading more than one entry does not increase the chance of winning. Once a video/ photo and recipe are submitted they cannot be changed, altered or modified. Non-complying submissions will be subject to disqualification. Submitting an entry that is copyrighted by another individual will make you responsible for any legal action the legal copyright holder might take against you. By entering, each entrant grants permission for the use of the video/ photo, recipe and his/her name, to be posted on the World Wide Web in connection with this Contest, and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). All submitted entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. JUDGING/ WINNER SELECTION:During the Judging Phase, a panel of judges, comprised of representatives of KIWI Magazine and professional recipe developers and/or chefs, will review and select Finalist from among all eligible entries based on: on a 16 point scale for the following criteria: 3 points recipe originality; 3 points recipe taste; 3 points for the recipe nutritional profile; 3 points on-air personality of the child featured in the video; 1 point for use of a Xylitol sweetener; 1 point for use of an Earth Balance product; 1 point for use of a Nielsen-Massey Vanillas product and 1 point for use of a Lundberg Family Farms product. Alternative Entries to contest that include a photo rather than a video will be judged on a 13 point scale for the following criteria: 3 points recipe originality; 3 points recipe taste; 3 points for the recipe nutritional profile;1 point for use of a Xylitol sweetener; 1 point for use of an Earth Balance product; 1 point for use of a Nielsen-Massey Vanillas product and 1 point for use of a Lundberg Family Farms product. Submissions containing videos will be judged in two (2) categories: Ages 4-8 and Ages 9-14. The five (5) submissions containing a video receiving the highest scores in each category be deemed Finalists and will move on to the Voting Phase of the Contest. The three (3) Alternative Entry Submissions containing a photo with the highest scores will be deemed Finalists in the Honorable Mention category and move onto the Voting Phase in the regardless of age of child. In the event of a tie in any category during the Judging Phase, the entry with the highest score in the Recipe Originality category will move on to the Judging Phase. In the event of a tied score in the Recipe Originality category the tying submissions will be re-judged by a new panel of judges.During the Voting Phase, the five (5) Finalists in each the Ages 4-8 and Ages 9-14 categories and the three (3) Finalists in the Honorable Mention category selected by the panel of judges will be posted on the Website. The public will be invited to vote for their favorite Finalists in each category based on the above judging criteria during the Voting Phase. The two (2) Finalists in each the Ages 4-8 and Ages 9-14 categories and the one (1) Finalist in the Honorable Mention category who receive the highest total number of valid votes at the end of the Voting Phase will be deemed the Winners. In the event of a tie, the Finalist with the highest score in the Recipe Originality category in the Judging Phase will be the Winner. Decisions of judges are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors may choose to post fewer than the designated number of Finalists in each category or to not award the prizes if, in its sole discretion, Contest does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
6. PRIZE: Category: Ages 4-8: One (1) Grand Prize: $1,500.00 and a feature in an issue of Kiwi magazine; One (1) First Prize: $750.00 and a feature in an issue of Kiwi magazine; Category: Ages 9-14: One (1) Grand Prize: $1,500.00 and a feature in an issue of Kiwi magazine; One (1) First Prize: $750.00 and a feature in an issue of Kiwi magazine; Category: Honorable Mention One (1) Prize: $250.00. Total Value of all prizes: $4,750.00.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners shall be deemed the entrant, rather than the child featured in the video/ photo. All winners will be determined on or about September 9, 2013. The winners will be notified by mail, telephone or e- mail on or about September 16, 2013. All winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability within 14 days of date printed on notification or the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein. If any prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein.
8. ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received and the decision of the judges. Entries will not be limited, except as expressly provided above. In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries or if the judges determine in their absolute discretion that no or too few entries meet the quality standards established to award the prizes, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
9. GENERAL: This Contest offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Prizes are nontransferable. Entrants consent to the use of their name, video, recipe, photo, voice, and likeness for promotional, advertising, publicity or trade purposes in any and all media worldwide in perpetuity by Sponsor without further compensation to winner or entrant unless otherwise prohibited by law. Arrangements for the fulfillment of all prizes will be made by the Sponsor. Receipt of any prize is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Winners of any prize(s) will be solely responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and judging will take place from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. Entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. By submitting an entry in the contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Contest, they will indemnify Sponsors from any and all such claims, including the attorneys’ fees related thereto. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, Ingredients, their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Contest.
10. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. WINNER’S NAME: For a copy of the winners’ name, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked by September 30, 2013 to: KIWI Magazine 2013 The Next Great Young Chef Contest Winners List, PO Box 162, Huntington Station, NY 11746 or visit www.kiwiwmagonline.com. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted, after the all the winners’ names have been verified. For a copy of the official rules, visit www.kiwiwmagonline.com. VT residents may omit return postage.
12. SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by May Media Group, LLC, 152 Madison Avenue, Suite 200, New York, NY 10016.