- Variety of kitchen glass containers, such as jars, salt shakers, or syrup jars
- Hot glue gun
- Used Styrofoam from old packages
- Plastic toys and trees
- Cut the Styrofoam into small pieces. Place it in the blender and blend until it turns into fine, fluffy snow.
- Use the hot glue to arrange the plastic toys and trees inside the glass containers. (If you don’t have the containers on hand, thrift stores are a great place to find them.) Let dry.
- Sprinkle the snow inside the containers. Put the lids back on—and you’re done!
From Upcycling Celebrations: A Use-What-You-Have Guide to Decorating, Gift-Giving, and Entertaining by Danny Seo.