Help your kids create this blackboard-inspired card in honor of their favorite teacher for back to school or for teacher appreciation week. It’s as cute as it is functional!
- Old Folder
- Paint Brush
- Non-toxic chalkboard paint
- 4 Ice pop Sticks
- Construction Paper Scraps (Scraps are optional)
- Cut the back of your chalkboard from an old folder. User the popsicle sticks to approximate the length for each side.
- Paint the folder cutout using your chalkboard paint, then let dry for 10 to 15 minutes. The folder may curl because of the consistency of the paint. If this happens, flatten the folder by placing a book over it for a few minutes.
- Add glue to the back of each of your Popsicle sticks and frame the edges of your cutout with them.
- Use your construction paper scraps to create accents for your chalkboard–we made a small apple!
- Write a special message to your teacher using chalk.