- ELIGIBILITY: KIWI Magazine: Kiwi Mom Day Photo Contest (“Contest”) is open to individuals 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and who are legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia. Contest void wherever prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with. Employees of May Media Group, LLC. (hereinafter “Sponsor”) Its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Entry is deemed to be the combination of photo and caption of the favorite memory (“Submission”). Submission must be an original picture taken by the entrant (“Submission”). No stock photos can be used. If the Submission features a child under the age of 18 entrant must be the parent or legal guardian of the pictured child. If Submission features the entrant’s mother then entrant must obtain prior written permission from the mother to enter photo into the Contest. Entrants may upload one new picture per day. Uploading more than one picture does not increase the chance of winning. Any entry, which in the sole opinion of Sponsor is deemed to be inappropriate for publication will be deemed ineligible. Once a picture is submitted it cannot be changed, altered or modified. Photos (a) must be the original and sole creation of, and all rights, title and interest be owned solely by, the entrant (b) not contain any nudity or any inappropriate dress as solely determined by the Sponsor, (c) may not have been submitted in any other competition, (d) may not have been published, (e) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/ logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray in a false light; (f) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; and each entrant warrants and represents that his/her Submission complies with all of those conditions. Non-complying Submissions will be subject to disqualification. By entering, each entrant grants permission for the use of the Submission and his/her name, to be posted on the World Wide Web in connection with this Contest, and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). All submitted entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- JUDGING: The judging of the KIWI Mom Day Photo Contest will be conducted by a panel of judges comprised of representatives of KIWI Magazine. Submissions will be judged and may earn up to five points in each of three categories for a maximum of 15 points: appeal of photography/imagery; quality of photography/imagery; and caption/story submitted. The ten (10) entries with the highest scores will be declared the winners. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be re-judged by a new judge who will serve as a tie-breaker using the same criteria as stated herein.
- PRIZE: Ten (10) Prizes: a one year subscription to KIWI magazine (6 issues), an Allergy Friendly Food for Families cookbook and a variety of natural and eco products (Approximate Retail Value: $142.94 each) ..Total Retail Value of all prizes: $1,429.40.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: All winners will be determined on or about May 17, 2013. The winners will be notified by Pinterest or Twitter direct message or by e-mail, using the account they entered the Contest with or Instagram’s comment if this method of entry was used, and will have three (3) days to respond via the e-mail address provided with their name, mailing address, email address, telephone number and birth date to confirm that they are 18 years of age or older. Prizes will then automatically ship to the address in the confirmation email. If the entrant does not email the applicable information within the designated time frame, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Any prize returned as undeliverable will be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries or if the judges determine in their absolute discretion that no or too few entries meet the quality standards established to award the prize, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prize.
- GENERAL: This Contest offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Prizes are nontransferable. Entrants consent to the use of their name, photo, voice, and likeness for promotional, advertising, publicity or trade purposes in any and all media worldwide in perpetuity by Sponsor without further compensation to winner or entrant unless otherwise prohibited by law. Arrangements for the fulfillment of all prizes will be made by the Sponsor. Receipt of any prize is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Winners of any prize(s) will be solely responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communications, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and judging will take place from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. Entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. By submitting an entry in the contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Contest, they will indemnify Sponsors from any and all such claims, including the attorneys’ fees related thereto. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNER’S NAME: For a copy of the winners’ names after May 27, 2013 visit http://www.kiwimagonline.com/?p=16005. Requests will be fulfilled/name will be posted, after the all the winners’ names have been verified. For a copy of the official rules, visit www.greenmomsmeet.com.
- SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by May Media Group, LLC, 152 Madison Avenue, Suite 200, New York, NY 10016.
KIWI Magazine: KIWI Mom Day Photo Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.