8 pet food cans (7 small and 1large), cleaned, dried, and cleared of sharp edges Scissors
4 sheets of 8 ½-by-11-inch cardstock
Hot glue gun (with adult supervision)
1 ounce paint, any color
1. Carefully remove all the labels from the pet food cans. Cut 16 strips of cardstock, each about 6 inches in length and 1 inch in height.
2. Using the compass, trace eight circles onto a clean sheet of cardstock—they should have the same circumference as the cans. Then cut out carefully with scissors.
3. Secure the circles to the inside bottom of each can using glue (only adults should use the glue gun). Then glue the strips of paper along the inside and outside of each can. Let dry for 30 minutes.
4. Paint the top edges of your cans using a thin paint brush and let dry.
5. Glue a scrap of cardstock to one side of each of the small cans. Then secure the paper around the perimeter of the larger can with more glue to form a flower shape. Fill with Mom’s favorite things!