Filed under: Dessert
Rich-tasting and luscious as cheesecake, but easier to make and “sugar-free.”
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin (or equivalent agar-agar)
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup XyloSweet® xylitol granules (www.xlear.com or a local health food store)
- 1 pint strawberries, raspberries or blueberries
- 1 package cream cheese (room temperature)
- Fresh berries
- Dissolve the gelatin in a small amount of cold water (1 or 2 tablespoons)
- Pour heavy cream and xylitol into a thick-bottomed saucepan and simmer under low heat until the XyloSweet® is dissolved.
- Mix the dissolved gelatin into the cream/XyloSweet® mixture – stir well to ensure that there are no lumps or undissolved gelatin in the mixture and remove from heat. Let cool slightly.
- Puree the berries in a food processor or blender. Stir the fruit purée and cream cheese into the heavy cream mixture and whip to the consistency of thickened cream.
- Pour into 6 ramekins 1/2 full. Serve garnished with fresh berries.