Need a kid-friendly dinner in a flash? This easy, cheesy pasta dish comes together in 15 minutes flat, and makes delicious use of spring’s fresh, sweet peas. Lemon zest adds extra brightness, plus pretty flecks of color.
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 10 ounces bowtie-shaped pasta or gluten-free pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
- 1½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a medium pan, saute the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the peas along with a pinch of salt and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- When the pasta is cooked, set aside 1/4 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- In a large bowl, toss the hot pasta with the peas, ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, and lemon zest. Add the reserved pasta water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the ricotta cheese coats all of the bowties. Season to taste and serve hot.
Per serving: calories 514, fat 17 g, protein 26 g, carbohydrates 66 g, dietary fiber 4 g
Reprinted from KIWI Magazine