This chocolate-y drink tastes more like a milkshake than a smoothie—but is packed with enough nutrition and protein to make for a tasty, on-the-go breakfast.
Active time: 2 minutes
Total time: 2 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries (pitted, if fresh)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted almond butter
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 ripe medium banana
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Place the cherries, almond milk, cocoa powder, almond butter, agave nectar, and banana in a blender; if using fresh cherries, add 3 or 4 ice cubes. Blend until completely smooth, pour into glasses, and serve.
- Up the fun! Add Linwoods Ground Flaxseed for an extra healthy kick to your smoothie. Our favorite Linwoods product for this recipe? We tossed in a spoonful of the Flaxseed, Cocoa, Strawberries & Blueberries mix for a good source of iron and zinc.
Per serving: calories 280, fat 12 g, protein 5 g, carbohydrates 46 g, dietary fiber 6 g
Reprinted from KIWI Magazine