Filed under: Dinner
Active time: 25 minutes
- 1 3-inch knob ginger, peeled and cut into 8-10 pieces
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon safflower or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon frozen (defrosted) orange juice
- 6 ounces soba or udon noodles
- 3-4 ounces cooked chicken, diced
- 2 navel oranges, peeled
- To make dressing, place ginger and garlic in a small food processor and chop. Add soy sauce, lemon juice, sesame oil, safflower oil, and orange juice concentrate. Blend well. Set aside.
- Cook pasta in large pot of salted water until just short of tender. Drain and run under cold water to cool. Drain thoroughly.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add chicken and scallion greens.
- Slice oranges and divide segments to create small pieces. Add to bowl.
- Just before serving, toss in the dressing. Season with additional soy sauce to taste.
Per serving: calories 252, fat 15 g, protein 33 g, carbohydrates 20 g, dietary fiber 2 g