Filed under: Breakfast
A smoothie without any fresh fruit? Try it! Creamy cashew butter adds richness, while dates give natural sweetness.
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup cold water, plus more for soaking the dates
- ¼ cup unsalted cashew butter
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place the dates in a medium bowl and cover with water. Let sit for about 30 minutes, or until softened.
- Place the dates, water, cashew butter, and vanilla in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Per serving: calories 282, fat 16 g, protein 6 g, carbohydrates 34 g, dietary fiber 3 g
Reprinted from KIWI Magazine