These sweet treats don’t require an oven, so your child can make them on her own!
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
- 3 chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder or soymilk powder
- ¼ cup natural crunchy peanut butter (if it’s been in the fridge, let it sit out on the counter for a little while to get soft)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- A tiny pinch of salt
- Put the chocolate sandwich cookies in a zip-top plastic bag. Press all of the air out of the bag and seal it up.
- Make the dirt by using your hands to crush the cookies into very small crumbs (you can step on the bag, too!), then pour them into a small plate and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the milk powder, softened peanut butter, honey, and pinch of salt. Use your (clean!) hands to mush up the ingredients until they’re all mixed together. The mixture will be super sticky.
- Wash your peanut butter hands or they’ll be way too messy for step 5!
- Now make the rollers. Form the peanut butter mixture into 6 equal balls, then roll in the chocolate dirt.
- Eat! You can put leftovers in the fridge for 1 to 2 days.
Reprinted from KIWI Magazine