Layer corn, chickpeas, ground turkey, and cherry tomatoes on freshly baked corn tortillas for a satisfying lunchtime salad.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
2 corn tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges
1 pound ground turkey
3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
2 heads romaine lettuce, finely chopped
1 16-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1⁄2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup jarred salsa
- Preheat oven to 350°F. prepare a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add corn and cook until bright yellow, about 10 seconds. Drain and transfer to an ice bath to cool; drain again and set aside.
- Place tortilla wedges in a single layer on prepared baking sheet and bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook turkey until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Add the spices and sea salt, mix, and transfer mixture to a serving bowl. Cool completely before tossing with the lettuce, chickpeas, tomatoes, and corn.
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Divide salad into individual reusable containers and top with tortilla wedges. Place yogurt mixture and salsa in separate containers for your child to mix with the salad at lunchtime.
Per serving: calories 464, fat 14 g, protein 35 g, carbohydrates 55 g, dietary fiber 15 g