Filed under: Appetizers and sides
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 40 to 50 minutes
- 5 tablespoons salted butter, melted, plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 3 cups fresh corn (from about 6 ears), divided (if fresh isn't available, try frozen, thawed)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Organic Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Blue Agave, or more to taste
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly grease an 8-inch-square baking dish with butter.
- In a food processor, add 2 1/2 cups of the corn, eggs, vanilla, agave nectar, heavy cream, butter, and nutmeg. Pulse 3 to 4 times to combine; the mixture should still have some whole or partial pieces of corn visible.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the remaining 1/2 cup corn, and mix well. Pour into the prepared baking dish, and bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving: calories 348, fat 21 g, protein 6 g, carbohydrates 31 g, dietary fiber 2 g