Filed under: Dinner
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads
- 8 4-ounce skinless Pacific (Alaskan) halibut fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Dash freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bag orange tea or infusion blend
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, lime juice, and 1/4 cup oil. Crack saffron threads between your fingers and add them to the oil mixture. Allow to infuse for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat over to 450°F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, leaving an overhang as long as the baking sheet itself. Brush foil with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt, pepper, and contents of the bag of orange tea. Place seasoned fish on the prepared sheet and drizzle with saffron vinaigrette. Cover fish with foil overhang and seal together the edges of foil. Bake until opaque in center, about 12 minutes.
- Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice, if desired.
Serves 6 to 8
Per serving: calories 198, fat 11g, protein 22g, carbohydrates 2g, dietary fiber 0g