Incorporating bone broth into your meals offers a magnitude of health benefits derived from the nutrients found in the bones themselves. When added to your recipes, it can raise the nutritional stakes and tastes of any family dinner.
This recipe, utilizing the nutrient-rich, healing power of bone broth, comes from Healing Bone Broth Recipes by Sharon and Reb Brown.
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups Bonafide Provisions Beef Bone Broth
- 1 (14-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, we recommend Selina Naturally Celtic
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 small zucchini, cubed
- 2 cups spinach, packed, rinsed and torn
- In a stockpot or Dutch oven, brown the sausage with the garlic.
- Stir in the broth, tomatoes and carrots, and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the zucchini. Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the zucchini is tender.
- Remove from the heat, add spinach and cover, allowing the heat from the soup to cook the spinach leaves. The soup is ready to serve after 5 minutes.