Filed under: Dessert
- 2 Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Whole Vanilla Beans
- 1 teaspoon natural fruit pectin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons milk powder (0% milk fat)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream (35% fat)
- 2 egg yolks
- Split the 2 vanilla beans in half and scrape the seeds from each half into a large saucepan. Add the beans. Combine the pectin and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the milk and milk powder to the saucepan. Add 1/2 cup sugar, the honey, cream and egg yolks. Add the pectin mixture. Cook over medium heat to a maximum of 185 degrees, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and cool in an ice bath until the mixture reaches 39 degrees.
- Chill, covered for 12 hours. Strain the mixture and pour into an ice cream freezer container. Freeze using manufacturer's directions.
Makes 1 quart