A healthy meal made with veggies not from the produce aisle! Frozen veggies, like corn, are picked at their peak of ripeness and processed quickly, which means you'll still get the nutrients you're looking for.
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1 cup cooked shredded turkey
- 1 cup whole grain tortilla chips, crushed into ½-inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Diced avocado (optional)
- Chopped cilantro (for garnish, optional)
- In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add sliced onions and salt to pot, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are limp and translucent. Add minced garlic; cook for 1 minute, then add chili powder and cumin, and cook until fragrant, about 1 more minute.
- Add chicken broth and canned tomatoes to pot, and raise heat to medium. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir in corn and cooked turkey, and cook for another 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve soup in large bowls with tortilla chips and shredded cheese on top; optional avocado and chopped cilantro can be served on the side.
Per serving: calories 370, fat 20 g, protein 26 g, carbohydrates 25 g, dietary fiber 3 g