Filed under: Dessert
It may be time for back-to-school, but the weather still feels like summer. Beat the heat with these peachy pops—you can stick the molds in the freezer in the morning and have a cool, creamy snack ready by afternoon. Be sure to keep the skins on the peaches: They’ll leave pretty pink flecks throughout the pops.
Active time: 5 minutes
Total time: 6 hours
- 2 large peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup plain, low fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Pinch salt
- 8 3-ounce ice pop molds or 8 paper cups and 8 craft sticks
- Place the peaches, yogurt, maple syrup, ginger, and salt in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the pop mixture evenly into the molds or paper cups and freeze for at least 6 hours. (If using paper cups, insert the craft sticks after the cups have been in the freezer for 30 minutes.) Remove the pops from the molds or peel off the paper cups and serve.
Per pop: calories 71, fat 1 g, protein 2 g, carbohydrates 16 g, fiber 1 g
Reprinted from KIWI Magazine