While this refreshing version of pumpkin pie hits the spot after a big Thanksgiving Day meal, its use shouldn't be limited to one day a year. It's terrific any time.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Simply Organic Pie Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 2 pints (4 cups) vanilla ice cream, thawed
- 1 prepared Spice Cookie Pie Crust
- In a bowl, stir together pumpkin, brown sugar, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and vanilla extract. Fold in vanilla ice cream until evenly combined. Pour into prepared crust.
- Freeze until firm (at least 2 hours). Let pie soften slightly in refrigerator before serving (about 20 to 30 minutes).
- Crumble spice cookies on top prior to serving
- Serve with mulled cider with cinnamon whipped cream
Per serving: calories 300, fat 14g, protein 3g, carbohydrates 40g