Filed under: Breakfast
Kids will love the bright purple color and sweet, fruity flavor of this summer smoothie. You’ll love that it’s packed with nutrition, thanks to antioxidant-loaded berries and omega-3-rich flaxseeds.
Active time: 2 minutes
Total time: 2 minutes
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (hulled, if fresh)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1 cup 1 percent milk
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Place the berries, milk, flaxseeds, and honey in a blender; if using fresh berries, add 5 or 6 ice cubes. Blend until completely smooth, pour into glasses, and serve.
Per serving: calories 205, fat 4 g, protein 7 g, carbohydrates 39 g, dietary fiber 8 g
Reprinted from KIWI Magazine