David and Luise from The Green Kitchen blog shared a few better-for-you lemonade recipes with KIWI! So how is this tasty treat healthier than what you find in stores? According to David, honey is a "less-refined replacement for sugar " ...and it works great in lemonade!
Check out other delicious dishes from David and Luise in their cookbook, Vegetarian Everyday.
1 cup honey
6 cups water
- Gather as many Elderflower heads as you can get hold of, and place in a large container.
- Slice three lemons thinly.
- Add one cup of honey (or more, if you want it to be sweeter).
- Pour 6 cups boiling water into the bucket. Stir around and leave to steep in a cool place for 72 hours, stirring once or twice every day.
- Strain and serve with ice!