If getting a vegetable on the dinner table is a challenge in your house, you’ll welcome this quick weeknight stir-fry. We pair crunchy snow peas (a variety of pea eaten whole in its fl at-shaped pod) with kid-friendly carrots, and stir in a smidgen of teriyaki sauce. The carrots are high in vitamin A, and snow peas are a good source of vitamin C.
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3 cups snow peas, strings removed (about 9 ounces)
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/16-inch rounds
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds, optional
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the snow peas and carrot, and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are crisptender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the teriyaki sauce until the vegetables are well coated. Top with sesame seeds if desired.
Per serving: calories 50, fat 1.5g, protein 2g, carbohydrates 8g, dietary fiber 2g