Active time: 15 minutes
- 8 wheat tortillas
- 1 pound firm tofu
- 1/4 pound Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- Hot sauce, to taste
- Lay 4 tortillas onto a work surface
- Chop tofu fine. Divide the tofu and cheese among the tortillas.
- Chop tomato, onion, and avocado and divide among the tortillas.
- Add cilantro and hot sauce to desired taste.
- Top each with a remaining tortilla and press gently to seal.
- Carefully place a quesadilla in a skillet and fry, turning once, until golden and little bubbles appear on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes total. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges with a pizza wheel or knife.
- Can be served cold. Provide salsa on the side.
Per serving: calories 230, fat 12 g, protein 7 g, carbohydrates 25 g, dietary fiber 3 g