Parents trust KIWI to help them raise their children and enjoy their lives in the healthiest way possible. They also know that KIWI is ahead of the curve when it comes to a green and organic lifestyle, so they can count on our trusted brand and initiatives to sift through and provide only the best news, advice, and products. KIWI understands that achieving the right balance between the ideal world and the real world can be difficult, so readers never feel scolded, only supported. KIWI helps parents make the best choices about health, food, home life, and more, so they can feel good about their families and the future.
- Whatever you can do to support health—whether in yourself, your family, your community, or the planet—is better than nothing.
- Buy organic foods as often as you can, but when you can’t, choose locally grown produce in season and natural brands.
- With busy schedules, we know every meal may not be healthy, so make as many balanced and nutritious meals as you can, and pat yourself on the back for each and every one.
- It’s not easy to control everything your kids eat. Allow them to try out new foods when they go to friends’ houses, and remember what they eat may be up to their friends’ parents!
- Be more eco-friendly by recycling, walking, or taking public transit instead of driving. Use air conditioning or heat more sparingly and turn off lights when you leave a room. Over time, little bits add up to a lot.
- Show your children how to appreciate what they have compared to others. Volunteering or sponsoring a child through World Vision is a great start. Our goal of developing kind, caring children who will turn into kind, caring adults may be a long-term one, but starting now will get them there faster.
What’s in a name?
KIWI: It’s a delicious and nutritious fruit that’s packed with powerful antioxidants (with more vitamin C than an equivalent amount of orange). It contains numerous phytonutrients as well as well known vitamins and minerals that promote your health. Studies in Italy have proven it to be beneficial in aiding respiratory aliments in children. It has an invigorating taste yet has its own unique sweet flavor. The fruit originated in China and was brought to New Zealand where they renamed it after the national bird of New Zealand, the Kiwi.
Why did we pick it for a name?
- It symbolizes what we’re doing; looking for powerful ways to help you raise healthy families.
- It’s a unique shade of green. And, we are that, too. Our goal is to give you the tools to be as environmentally conscious as possible with realistic advice that fits into your hectic lifestyle. We know it’s not easy to be totally green; we want to show you how even the smallest steps can make a difference.
- Kiwis are like our children: invigorating, juicy and sweet all at the same time.