NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Contest open to legal residents of the United States who 18 years of age or older as of date of entry and the parent or legal guardian of a child 18 months or younger as of date of entry. Contest void wherever prohibited by law, or where the registration or filing requirements of any state or local jurisdiction have not been complied with. Employees of May Media Group, LLC (“Sponsor”) and The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (“Prize Partners”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production and promotion agencies, and the immediate families and members of the same household of each are not eligible. All federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations apply.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The KIWI Magazine 2014 America’s Cutest Green Baby Contest (the “Contest”) provides entrants with the opportunity to submit a photo and a 200 word essay on why their baby is a green baby. Contest begins at 9:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 pm (ET) on August 31, 2014 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period consists of an Entry Phase that begins at 9:00:00 am ET on February 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET July 31, 2014 (the “Entry Phase”), a first round selection phase that begins at 9:00:00 am ET August 1, 201 and ends at 5:00:00 pm ET on August 14, 2014 (the “Judging Phase”) and a reader voting phase that begins at 9:00:00 am ET on August 15, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on August 31, 2014 (the “Voting Phase”).
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter visit www.kiwimagonline.com/ACGB2014 to complete and submit official contest entry form including name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and affirmatively indicate acknowledgement and acceptance of these Official Rules and all other terms and conditions governing the Contest. Then write an essay of 200 words or less explaining why your baby is a green baby and upload a picture of your baby depicting your baby leading a green lifestyle.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Entry is deemed to be the combined submission of essay and photo (“Submission”). Submission must be an original essay and an original picture taken by the entrant. No stock photos can be used. The child in the picture must be 18 months of age or younger as of the date of submission. Entrant must be the parent or legal guardian of the pictured child. If an entrant provides more than one picture of their child only the first image will be judged. Uploading more than one picture does not increase the chance of winning. Any entry, which in the sole opinion of Sponsor is deemed to be inappropriate for publication will be deemed ineligible. Once an essay and picture are submitted they cannot be changed, altered or modified. Submission (a) must be the original and sole creation of, and all right, title and interest including but not limited to the copyright in the picture must be owned solely by, the entrant (b) may not contain any nudity, or in appropriate language as deemed by Sponsor (c) may not have been submitted in any other competition, (d) may not have been published, (e) may not infringe upon any third party’s rights, including but not limited to copyright, patent or trademarks/tradenames/logos, or rights of privacy or publicity, or contain material that is or may be considered defamatory, slanderous or libelous, or portray in a false light; (f) may not violate any law, rule or regulation; and each entrant warrants and represents that his/her picture complies with all of those conditions. Non-complying pictures will be subject to disqualification. Entries cannot contain, the trademark, trade name or logo of any third party (but may contain the trademark, trade name or logo of the Sponsor) and cannot contain any material that is protected by copyright. By entering, each entrant grants permission for the use of the Submission and his/her name, to be posted in Kiwi magazine and on the World Wide Web in connection with this Contest, and the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Contest, and otherwise, as stated in these Official Rules (as solely determined by Sponsor). All submitted entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- JUDGING/ WINNER SELECTION: During the Judging Phase, a panel of judges, selected by the Sponsor, will review and select twenty-five (25) potential Finalist from among all eligible entries based on: the essay description of why the baby is a green baby (40%); photo depiction of the baby leading a green lifestyle (30%); originality of Submission (30%). Sponsor reserves the right to verify any information contained in the nomination and to request additional information about the Finalist. In the event of a tie the Submission with the highest score in the first criterion category listed above (the essay description of why the baby is a green baby) will be deemed the Finalist and move on to the Voting Phase.
During the Voting Phase, the twenty-five (25) Finalists selected by the panel of judges will be posted on the Website. The public will be invited to vote on which Finalists best meets the definition of a green baby based on the above judging criteria during the Voting Phase. The three (3) Finalists who receive the highest total number of valid votes at the end of the Voting Phase will be deemed the Winners. In the event of a tie, the Finalist with the highest score in the first criterion category listed above (the essay description of why the baby is a green baby) in the Judging Phase will be the Winner. Decisions of judges are final and binding in all respects. Sponsors may choose to post fewer than twenty-five (25) Finalists or to not award the prizes if, in their sole discretion, Contest does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified entries.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: $1,000, five (5) cases each of Earth’s Best TenderCare® Diapers and Wipes and an Ella’s Kitchen® Gift Pack including thirty-five (35) Ella’s Kitchen® pouches, an Ella’s Kitchen® cookbook, and one (1) of each of the following Ella’s Kitchen® products: Nibbly Fingers, Cookies, Puffits and Cereal (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $1,568.82). One (1) First Prize: $350, three (3) cases each of Earth’s Best TenderCare® Diapers and Wipes, twenty-one (21) Ella’s Kitchen® Pouches and an Ella’s Kitchen® Cookbook (ARV: $687.60). One (1) Second Prize: $150, one (1) case each of Earth’s Best TenderCare® Diapers and Wipes and seven (7) Ella’s Kitchen® Pouches ($ARV: $257.87). Estimated Total Retail Value of all prizes $2,514.29. No substitutions for prizes except by Sponsor or as may be necessary due to unavailability, in which case prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. All taxes and other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner. Sponsors responsible only for prize delivery; not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. All prizes claimed will be awarded. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: All winners will be determined on or about September 13, 2014. The winners will be notified by mail, telephone or e- mail on or about September 14, 2014. All winners will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability which must be signed and received by Sponsor or its designated agent within 14 days of date printed on notification or the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein. Along with executed Affidavit of Eligibility/ Release of Liability, winner will be required to submit proof of child’s date of birth in the form of a photo copy of child’s birth certificate. If any prize notification letter or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner based on the judging criteria outlined herein.
- GENERAL: This Contest offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to this Contest. Prizes are nontransferable. By accepting any prize, winner consents to the use of their name, photo, voice, and likeness for promotional, advertising, publicity or trade purposes in any and all media worldwide in perpetuity by Sponsor without further compensation to winner or any other person depicted in photo unless otherwise prohibited by law. Arrangements for the fulfillment of all prizes will be made by the Sponsor. Receipt of any prize is conditioned upon compliance with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Winners of any prize(s) will be solely responsible for payment of all federal, state and local taxes. Sponsor and judges not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incorrect, incomplete, illegible, garbled, misaddressed, or misdirected entries, misrouted or scrambled transmissions or communication, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of telephone, Internet, computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any telephone or computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Contest, and reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Contest should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In the event of any cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and judging will take place from among all eligible entries received prior to such time. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant if his or her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Contest. Entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. By submitting an entry in the contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law. All entrants further agree that in the event of any third party claims, damages, losses or injuries, arising from or relating to this Contest, they will indemnify Sponsor from any and all such claims, including the attorneys’ fees related thereto. By accepting prize, winner agrees to release Sponsor, Prize Provider, their respective directors, employees, officers, and agents, including without limitation, their advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt, and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical, printing, or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials related to the Contest.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- WINNER’S LIST: The winners’ names will be available at www.kiwimagonline.com/ACGB2014 November 27, 2014. For a copy of the official rules, visit www.kiwimagonline.com.
SPONSOR: This contest is sponsored by May Media Group, LLC, 152 Madison Avenue, Suite 200, New York, NY 10016