These gluten-free, berry banana pancakes from Produce for Kids, are a quick and healthy alternative to ordinary pancakes. Filled with fruits and nuts, they're sure to please even the pickiest eater.
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 10 minutes
1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
4 large eggs
1 ripe banana
1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon olive oil
1⁄2 tablespoon agave nectar (or honey)
- Place strawberries, raspberries, pecans, and one egg in blender and blend until smooth and frothy. Add remaining eggs, banana, and cinnamon, and pulse until just incorporated.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto skillet and cook 3-5 minutes, or until firm. Flip and cook 2-3 minutes, until firm. Remove from pan, let cool slightly.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Using heart-shaped cookie cutter, shape pancakes and top with agave nectar.
- 6 oz fruited Greek yogurt
- glass of 100 percent fruit juice
With suggested sides: Calories 501, Fat 31g, Protein 19.28g, Carbohydrates 34.93g, Fiber 5.79g, Cholesterol 383mg, Sodium 183mg, Calcium 194mg, Iron 3.04mg
This recipe is gluten-free, soy-free and vegetarian.