The fun name of this brilliant green smoothie might just get your kids to try it. Or, if they’re iffy on anything green, cut the amount of greens by half and increase the amount of fruit proportionally. Speaking of fruit: You can substitute strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or any fruit you prefer for the mango. The darker they are, the more they’ll mask the green, turning the smoothie a reddish brown color that’s preferable to some green-shunning kids. The lighter the fruit color, the brighter the green.
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups chopped raw greens (baby spinach, curly kale, romaine lettuce)
- 3 fresh dates, pits removed
- 1 ripe banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen chopped mango
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Place all ingredients in the jar of a blender. Blend on high for 2 minutes, or until the drink is smooth without any chunks of fruit remaining.
This recipe is: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Nut-free, Soy-free
Per serving: calories 120, fat 0 g, protein 2 g, carbohydrates 31 g, dietary fiber 3 g
This recipe is featured in KIWI's cookbook, Allergy-Friendly Food for Families.