1. Aged White Cheddar Popcorn from Gourmet Basics
2. Bean & Rice Chips from Beanfields
3. Churro Chips from Cabo Chips
Tortilla chips get a sweet makeover! These feature organic vanilla and cinnamon and are cooked in antioxidant-rich rice bran oil ($15 for 12, cabochips.com).
4. Corn Puffs from Nature’s Path
Made with organic corn, these tasty puffs feature 15 grams of whole grains per serving ($2 per bag, vitacost.com).
5. Mixtbag Veggie Tortilla Chips from RW Garcia
Classic corn tortilla chips get an upgrade from vegetables like spinach, carrots, and beets. “I liked all the different flavors—especially the red beet one,” said Sydney ($4 per bag, natural food stores).
6. Multigrain Chips from Lundberg Family Farms
7. Nacho Cheese White Bean Chips from Beanitos
“I like that they are so crispy,” said Tommy, age 5, of these preservative-free cheesy bean chips ($3 per bag, beanitos.com).
8. Organic Popcorn With Sea Salt from Deep River Snacks
Available in snack-size bags, this organic popcorn has just the right amount of flavor. “I could eat this all day,” said Jennifer, age 10 ($24 per case, deepriversnacks.com).
9. Organic Potato Chips from Kettle Brand
10. Organic Soft Pretzels from Rudi’s Organic Bakery
These new pretzels are made with organic grains. Just pop them in the oven for a warm after-school snack ($5 per box, natural food stores).
11. Original Sweet Potato Chips from Food Should Taste Good
Nutrient-rich sweet potatoes take center stage in these chips, which are relatively low in sodium ($4 per bag, grocery stores).
12. Sea Salt Popcorn from Tiny But Mighty Popcorn
This popcorn is made from a smaller variety of corn, so the popped kernels are about half the size of traditional ones ($4 per bag, Whole Foods).
13. Seaweed Rice Chips from GimMe Organic
“I like the taste—with just a hint of seaweed,” Jennifer said of these gluten-free chips ($5 per bag, gimmehealth.com).
14. Veggie Chips from The Real Deal Snacks
Corn and peas star in these chips, which come in snack-size bags ($6 for 6, grocery stores).
15. Veggie Puffs from Bearitos
These lower-sodium puffs are made with real veggies ($3, Whole Foods).
16. Vermont Maple & Sea Salt Microwavable Popcorn from Quinn Popcorn
This snack features a compostable and chemical-free popcorn bag ($5 per box, quinnpopcorn.com).
17. Whole Grain Organic Popcorn from Eden Foods
We love this stove-top popcorn from organic pioneer Eden Foods ($5 per bag, edenfoods.com).
Click on a link below to see what other healthy snacks made our list.