Bake time: 60 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
3 1/3 cups flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil (or substitute for coconut oil)
½ cup milk
2 packets tsp spices Organic Green Cardamom (ground)
2 packets tsp spices Organic Orange Zest
3 cups chopped unpeeled pears (about 3-4 pears)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease the bottoms of two loaf pans.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Whisk the eggs, add the sugar and whisk another minute or two. Add spices, vegetable oil and milk and stir.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, then fold in pears.
- Divide the batter between the two loaf pans. Sprinkle the sugar-cardamom mix on top and bake 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow the loaves to cool completely, about 1 hour.
Calories 261, fat 12 g, protein 4 g, carbohydrates 36 g, dietary fiber 1 g, sugar 18 g