Makes 12 servings
2 cups self-rising flour
½ cup sugar
½ cup ready-to-eat dried cranberries
4 clementines, zested and juiced
3 Tablespoons butter, melted
¾ cup plus 2 Tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
Confectioners’ sugar, sifted, for dusting (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 350°F and either line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners or baking parchment or place 12 mini nonstick loaf pans on a baking sheet.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and sugar in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the cranberries, clementine zest and juice, melted butter, eggs, and yogurt.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, taking care not to over-mix (which will make your muffins tough).
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan or mini loaf pans, filling each section three-quarters full. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
6. Transfer to a wire rack to cool, then dust with a very light sprinkling of confectioners’ sugar to serve, if desired.