Makes 8 servings
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 stalk celery, chopped
1½ cups wild rice
3¼ cups vegetable broth
¼ cup orange juice
²/³ cup chopped dried apricots
¹/³ cup golden raisins
2 oranges, cut in segments
Salt and pepper
Have a healthier Thanksgiving by using seasonal ingredients.
1. In a large saucepan with a cover, heat the olive oil.
2. Add the chopped leek and celery and sauté for three to four minutes. Add the rice and sauté for two minutes more.
3. Pour in the broth and juice and bring to a boil. Immediately reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the cover and continue to cook for another 30-40 minutes, until the liquid is gone and the rice is tender.
5. Place the rice in a bowl and add the apricots, raisins, and orange segments. Taste for salt and pepper and serve.