Busy mornings just got better, thanks to this easy-to-make veggie-filled breakfast.
Active time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 6 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 fresh artichoke heart, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Parent: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Child: Prepare a 24-cup mini-muffin pan by spraying nonstick baking spray or brushing with oil.
- Parent & Child: Prepare whole eggs by cracking into a medium bowl. For egg whites, crack eggs into a separate small bowl, then use a large spoon to carefully remove the yellows and discard. Pour egg whites into bowl with whole eggs.
- Parent & Child: Add water, sea salt, and nutmeg to egg mixture, whisking until combined. Pour egg mixture into each cup, filling about 3⁄4 full.
- Child: Add onions, artichokes, spinach, and cheese to a medium bowl, stirring to combine.
- Child: Pour mixture evenly among muffin cups. parent: Place muffin pan in oven, baking for 10 to 12 minutes, until tops of bites turn golden brown.
- Parent & Child: Cool in pan for 5 to 8 minutes before running a butter knife along the sides of each cup to loosen.
Per serving: calories 26, fat 2 g, protein 2 g, carbohydrates 1 g, dietary fiber 0 g, sugar 0 g
*This recipe is gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.