Add a personal touch to your Thanksgiving or holiday table with this DIY name card, made in the shape of a cornucopia.
Hot glue (with adult supervision)
Recycled cardboard or buttonsCard stock
- Cut one-inch-thick strips of newspaper and tape them at the ends to make a long piece. Roll paper into a tight spool, until it’s as wide as a half dollar. Secure with tape.
- Push the center of the spool outward to start creating a cone, then bend the cone into the curled cornucopia shape. Secure by wrapping it with a layer of masking tape. Add more tape and paper until you have your desired shape.
- Wrap yarn around it until you have about two or three layers’ worth and none of the tape/paper is visible. Secure the last yarn piece at the bottom using hot glue.
- Cut a small, half-dollar-size circle from cardboard and cover in yarn. Secure to the front of the cornucopia.
- Cut rectangles of card stock to create place cards and decorate with the names of your dinner guests. Insert cards and use them to dress up each place setting!