Kate Parisian, Photography by Anastassios Mentis
Grab a gourd (or squash) and show your gratitude with this Thanksgiving turkey craft.
- Knife, with adult supervision Gourd or squash
- Recycled paper, various colors
- Double-sided tape
- Thumb tack, with adult supervision
- Using a knife, trim off one edge of the gourd or squash so it rests flat on its side. Trim off part of the neck of the gourd so it also has a flat edge.
- Cut feather shapes out of paper and fringe the edges.
- Brainstorm things to be thankful for, and have your child write one on each feather.
- Fan out feathers and tape together at the bottom. Attach to the back of the gourd with a thumb tack.
- Cut an oblong circle out of paper for the turkey neck and head, and glue on paper scraps for a beak and eyes. Attach it onto the neck of the gourd with double-sided tape.