KIWI Magazine, Photography by Andrew McCaul
Turn celery and okra into veggie stamps with these simple instructions, then have fun decorating lunch bags or grocery totes!
- Head of celery
- Okra pods
- Fabric paint
- Blank totes (we got ours from ecobags.com)
- Cut the tops off of the celery and okra. Use the toothpick to remove the okra seeds and discard.
- Pour fabric paint onto a plate or flat surface.
- Dip the ends of the vegetables into the paint and stamp onto a bag in any pattern you like. For the celery flowers (above left), use a single stalk of celery to make the leaves. To add a second color to your design, cut off more of the vegetable and dip it in another plate of paint.
- Set the paint by following the instructions on the fabric paint label (you may need to iron the bag).