While bone broth is nothing new, especially if you check the kitchens of grandmoms everywhere, its long list of nutrient-rich properties may be lesser known to the general population or younger generations. Incorporating bone broth into your meals offers a magnitude of health benefits derived from the nutrients found in the bones themselves. When added to your recipes, it can raise the nutritional stakes and tastes of any family dinner.
Sharon Brown, co-author of Healing Bone Broth Recipes offers up eight benefits to adding bone broth to your diet.
- Bone broth is a source of bioavailable minerals including phosphorus, magnesium, silicon and sulfur.
- It is beneficial for those looking to support gut health, those who seek to reinforce skin and joint health, as well as active individuals and athletes seeking to support performance and recovery.
- Bone broth is a source of amino acids, gelatin, collagen, and easily digestible minerals to support health and vitality.
- This nourishing elixir can be helpful in treating leaky gut syndrome and restoring gut lining, overcoming food intolerances and allergies, including allergies to wheat and dairy, improving joint health, reducing cellulite, boosting the immune system, and more.
- Bone broth is a source of collagen building amino acids, which help to form elastin and other compounds in the skin that help maintain youthful appearance.
- The glycine found in bone broth has been shown to help people sleep better and improve memory.
- It contains proline, which aids the body in breaking down proteins for use in healthy cells.
- The phosphorus, magnesium, and collagen in bone broth can help improve bone health. Collagen in particular helps to provide structure for bones, like a scaffolding.
We recommend Bonafide Provisions Bone Broth—it’s organic, quick, and easy to use—three distinctions we look for when cooking for our families.
Are you ready to try the healing powers of bone broth?
We’ve got three yummy soup recipes to share from Healing Bone Broth Recipes that you are sure to love!