This bird seed treat is the perfect craft to foster a love of nature’s creatures for your child. Hang this yummy snack outside your window and watch as birds appreciate the goodie.
- 2 cups birdseed
- 1 Tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup flour
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment paper
- Bamboo skewers
- Cookie cutters
- Line a tray with parchment paper. Then, place your cookie cutters on the tray and spray them on the inside with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix ½ cup cold water in a bowl with the gelatin. Let it sit for one minute.
- Boil the other ½ cup of water and pour it into the bowl.
- Add corn syrup and peanut butter and mix all contents together until smooth. Lastly, add the birdseed and mix again.
- Pour the mixture into the cookie cutters and poke a hole for the string with the skewer.
- Place the tray in the fridge for 30–60 minutes or until it has hardened.
- Once the molds are ready, take them out of the cookie cutters and tie the string through the hole.
- Hang these tasty bird treats outside your window and sit back and watch as nearby birds fly down for a snack!