Nothing says Christmastime like snow! Create your very own winter wonderland by making these clothespin snowflakes.
- Clothespins (6 pins make 1 snowflake)
- Wood glue
- Non-toxic white acrylic paint
- Paint brushes
- Fishing line (optional)
- Decide how many snowflakes you want to make in total. This will determine how many clothespins you will need.
- Once you have your clothespins, have a parent disassemble them by pulling out the wire piece. You should now have two pieces from one pin.
- Glue your clothespins back together using the flat sides. Let all your pieces dry before moving forward.
- After all of your clothespins are dry and the glue is set, arrange your clothespins into your snowflake shapes. There should be six pins per snowflake. Simply glue each clothespin arm together at the base of the pin creating a star like formation in the center of your snowflake. Pins should be pointed side out from the center.
- Let your snowflakes dry again.
- Paint white or leave natural.
- Place your snowflakes around your house, string them on a fishing line to make your own snowflake garland, or use them to decorate your tree or gifts.
Caitlin Peck is the creator of The Little Bungalow, a place to feel inspired and decorate your little bungalows with love and creativity. Caitlin is a photographer, graphic designer, clothing designer, and full-time mommy who lives by the sea. She escapes the world of demands into hobbies and crafts that delight her life and that of her boys.
Follow her on Instagram for more crafts and coastal inspiration.