Give your luscious locks a little self-care moment when you use this coconut oil-based hair mask. Made with three simple ingredients, this mask promotes shine, softness, and stimulation of hair growth.
Coconut oil promotes a healthy scalp and helps fight against dandruff. It adds moisture and luster to dry hair, as well as shine and softness, and prevents hair breakage and split ends that contribute to hair length. Honey has both emollient and humectant properties, meaning it’s a great hair moisturizer that smooths hair follicles, adding shine to dull hair and locking in moisture. Lavender essential oil has recently gained attention for stimulating hair growth together with its antimicrobial properties and calming effect.
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, making sure the honey is evenly distributed.
- Apply a layer of the mask evenly over hair, combing out any knots and working to the ends of each hair strand.
- Cover with a hair cap or plastic wrap and let sit for at least an hour before washing with warm water.
Mask should be used once a week for optimal shine and health.