This spiky seedling is way more adorable than any old acorn, plus it’s easy to assemble.
- Oversize brown hooded sweatshirt
- Brown long-sleeve T-shirt
- Needle and thread or sewing machine
- Old plastic bags or newspapers
- Leftover paper bags
- Paint and/or glitter
- Nontoxic glue
- Gray leggings
- Brown shoes
- Cut the sleeves off the sweatshirt. Place the T-shirt inside the sweatshirt, making sure to pull the sleeves through.
- To join the T-shirt and sweatshirt together, sew the T-shirt armholes to the sweatshirt armholes and the T-shirt collar to the sweatshirt collar.
- Add plastic bags as stuffing between the T-shirt and sweatshirt layers. Sew the outer waistband edges together to keep the stuffing from falling.
- Open and flatten your paper bags, then cut several strips from them (3-4 inches in height) so there are enough to cover the sweatshirt body and hood.
- Cut large scallops at the bottom of each strip of paper. Add shading with paint or glue and glitter.
- Starting at the bottom of the sweatshirt, glue the paper strips onto the sweatshirt, layering each on top of the previous one.
- Go up to the tip of the hood, and form a point with the scallops to create the top of the pinecone.
- Pair with leggings and shoes.