- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 1/4 tsp. beeswax (or substitute candelilla wax)
- 2 1/8 tsp. sweet almond oil
- 2/3 tsp. olive oil
- Small containers (available at brambleberry.com or in cosmetic stores)
5–7 pots of lip balm
To make a sweet lip balm, mix 1/16 tsp. honey with other ingredients. Since honey is not soluble in oil or wax, be sure to stir until mixed well.
- Pour a couple inches of water into a shallow saucepan. Place a heat-resistant glass measuring cup (such as Pyrex) in the saucepan and warm over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and beeswax together in the measuring cup, melting each. It should take two to six minutes for both to melt completely.
- In the microwave, heat olive oil until lukewarm (cold olive oil will harden the beeswax).
- Combine melted coconut oil and beeswax with warmed olive oil. Add sweet almond oil, mixing well*.
- Pour mixture into small containers. Let harden.