Celebrate spring and hang this DIY spring flower wreath made out of cardboard egg cartons in your home or on your porch, deck, or balcony!
- Cardboard egg cartons
- Nontoxic paint
- Newspaper Scrap cardboard
- Scrap fabric
- Nontoxic glue
1. For the flowers, cut each egg holder from the bottom of the egg cartons to yield 36 cups. Cut four V-shaped slits on the sides of each cup to form flower petals. Paint the flowers in your favorite autumn colors and place on the newspaper to dry.
2. Cut a 12-inch circle from the scrap cardboard. Then, cut out the inside of the circle to leave a 21⁄2-inch-wide cardboard ring. Paint it green (or any other fall color you like) and set aside on the newspaper to dry.
3. From the fabric, cut out small circles for the flower centers. Glue flat on the inside of each flower and let dry.
4. Glue the flowers to the wreath. Allow to dry completely before hanging indoors.