There is so much to be thankful for this holiday season! One way to express your appreciation is by making a beautiful “gratitude garland” that you and your parents can hang up this Thanksgiving.
It will remind you and your family of all the wonderful things there are to be grateful for while you enjoy a Thanksgiving meal together!
- Natural, unbleached coffee filters
- 6-inch round doilies
- 3.5-inch round doilies
- Black marker
- Pinecones, leaves, and acorns
- Hot glue gun
- Hole punch
- Draw one letter on each 8-inch doily to spell out the Thanksgiving phrase of your choice.
- Glue the 8-inch doilies to the inside of the coffee filters. We used 10 8-inch doilies and 10 coffee filters to spell “Give Thanks.”
- Decorate the coffee filters with items you can find outside (such as tiny pinecones, acorns, and leaves). Use a hot glue gun to attach your decorations to the coffee filters.
- At the top of each coffee filter, punch two holes about 2 inches apart. String the twine through the holes to hang the coffee filters. Make sure you leave enough twine on each end to hang the garland and tie bows on both sides.
- Ask your family members to write what they are thankful for on the 3.5-inch doilies. You can cut off the outer edges of the doilies to make them smaller if you wish.
- Glue or tape the small “thankful” doilies onto the twine, between each coffee filter.
- Hang on a wall or mantel as a beautiful Thanksgiving decoration to remind your family members of the many things they are thankful for!