No tricks here! Using simple ingredients and easy steps, you can transform fruit and veggies into a spook-tacular snack board perfect for a Halloween movie night, family gathering, or game night.
Banana (or Carrot) Fingers
- 1 bag bananas or baby carrots
- 1 bag slivered almonds
1. If using bananas: Peel a banana and cut into two pieces. Slice three lines into the middle of each piece, making knuckles.
2. If using carrots: Wash and dry carrots. Count out the desired number of carrots and an equal number of almond slivers, preferably larger and intact.
2. Push almond sliver in the end of the banana or baby carrot, about ½ inch down from the top to give the appearance of a fingernail.
Deviled Egg Eyeballs
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 black olives, pitted
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carefully place eggs in the water and turn down to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and immediately submerge eggs in ice water.
2. Once cooled, peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and add to a mixing bowl.
3. Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper to egg yolks and mash until smooth.
4. Refill egg whites with mashed yolk filling. Sprinkle with paprika.
5. Slice each olive in half widthwise and place in the middle of the filling to create an “eyeball.”
- 24 round crackers
- 1 cup hummus of choice
- Bag of 2” pretzel sticks
1. Top 12 crackers with hummus, place 8 pretzel sticks in each, fanning around the sides, then top with additional crackers.
Optional: add candy eyeballs!
Apple Slices + PB “Mouths”
- 2 apples
- ½ cup peanut butter of choice
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
1. Slice the apple into eighths and remove the core.
2. In between two slices of apple, add about 1 spoonful of peanut butter to the non-skin side of the slices.
3. On the skin side, push almond slivers into the top and bottom of the mouth to create “teeth.” The apple “mouth” should be open enough to see the peanut butter.
- 6–8 Clementines
- 2 skinny celery stalks
1. Peel clementines. Slice celery sticks into 2 inch pieces.
2. Stick a piece of celery into the top of the clementine.
- 4 bananas
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 8 bamboo skewers
1. Peel bananas and slice in half. Place each on a skewer.
2. Push three chocolate chips into each banana, pointy side in, to create a face.
Meat And Cheese Additions
If you are looking for a more tightly packed snack board, add slices of your favorite cured meats and cheese. Mix and match throughout the snack board to fill in any gaps.