No tricks here! Using simple ingredients and easy steps, you can transform fruit and veggies into a spook-tacular snack board perfect for a Halloween movie night, family gathering, or game night.
- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1 bag slivered almonds
- Wash and dry carrots. Count out the desired number of carrots and an equal number of almond slivers, preferably larger and intact.
- Push almond sliver in the end of the baby carrot, about ½ inch down from the top to give the appearance of a fingernail.
Deviled Egg Eyeballs
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 black olives, pitted
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Carefully place eggs in the water and turn down to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and immediately submerge eggs in ice water.
- Once cooled, peel eggs and slice in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks and add to a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper to egg yolks and mash until smooth.
- Refill egg whites with mashed yolk filling. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Slice each olive in half widthwise and place in the middle of the filling to create an “eyeball.”
- 24 round crackers
- 1 cup hummus of choice
- Bag of 2” pretzel sticks
- Top 12 crackers with hummus, place 8 pretzel sticks in each, fanning around the sides, then top with additional crackers.
- Optional: add candy eyeballs!
Apple Slices + PB “Mouths”
- 2 apples
- ½ cup peanut butter of choice
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Slice the apple into eighths and remove the core.
- In between two slices of apple, add about 1 spoonful of peanut butter to the non-skin side of the slices.
- On the skin side, push almond slivers into the top and bottom of the mouth to create “teeth.” The apple “mouth” should be open enough to see the peanut butter.
- 6–8 Clementines
- 2 skinny celery stalks
- Peel clementines. Slice celery sticks into 2 inch pieces.
- Stick a piece of celery into the top of the clementine.
- 4 bananas
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 8 bamboo skewers
- Peel bananas and slice in half. Place each on a skewer.
- Push three chocolate chips into each banana, pointy side in, to create a face.
Meat and Cheese additions
If you are looking for a more tightly packed snack board, add slices of your favorite cured meats and cheese. Mix and match throughout the snack board to fill in any gaps.