- Paper towel, toilet paper, or wrapping paper tube
- Nontoxic paint
- Nontoxic glue
- Hole punch
- Scrap wrapping paper
- String (about two feet long)
- Beads (optional)
- Flatten the paper towel or toilet paper tube and cut into ¾-inch strips.
- Stretch open a flattened strip, and push one of the creased sides inward, to create a heart. Crease the two edges firmly so the heart will keep its shape. Punch holes in the middle of each side, and paint red or pink. Repeat with more strips, to make as many hearts as you’d like for your necklace.
- Make paper tubes from wrapping paper by wrapping the paper around a pencil, gluing as you roll so they won’t unravel. Slide the pencil out and cut the tube into 1-inch mini-tubes.
- Slide the hearts and tubes (and beads, if you have them) onto the string to create the necklace.