Kids will love gathering leaves and attaching them to this autumn ensemble.
- Colored paper cut into leaf shapes, or real leaves
- Nontoxic glue
- Long-sleeve green turtleneck
- Leftover paper bags
- Twigs or small grapevine wreath
- 3 eggs
- Blue paint or markers
- Solid dark-colored
- knit hat
- Brown leggings or pants
- Brown shoes
- Glue leaves to the turtleneck to make the body of the tree.
- Shred paper bags and glue the paper to the grapevine wreath (found at craft stores) to make a bird’s nest.
- With a thumbtack, gently prick holes at the bottom and the top of each egg. Blow out the insides and rinse with water.
- Color the hollowed-out eggs with blue paint or markers.
- Glue the eggs into the nest and glue the bird’s nest onto the top of the hat.
- Add brown pants and shoes to complete the costume.